The traditional hamlet of Kelia lies in the plain of Peza. After the 1923 exchange of populations the village was inhabited by refugees from Asia Minor.
The traditions, history and daily life from then on followed the course of Greek history, as written by the Greeks of Asia Minor: traditions, customs and their way of life were influenced by the new residents they were soon to build strong bonds with.
Viticulture was enriched with the new methods brought from Asia Minor and since then toiling the land has been the main source of income for residents.
The village is referred to for the first time in 1577 by Fr. Barozzi in the Province of the Plain (Pediada) as Calia.