A small hamlet that belongs to the Local Community of Metaxochori with a wonderful view over the west. The eye can reach as far as Prophet Elijah (Profitis Elias). Within the hamlet there is a tavern and traditional café, where one can enjoy local produce and meze. This is where the road to the famous Monastery of Epanosifis starts, which literally towers over the region, with its manmade pine forest and the vast olive groves and vineyards surrounding it.
The earliest reference to the hamlet of Partheni is found in documents of the Chandax Duke’s Archives from 1369. Another document from the same archives, dated 1383, mentions that is was part of the fiefdom of Leonardo Gradonicus of the grand family who organised St. Titus Rebellion and established the Commune of Crete in Chandax in 1363.